7 Interesting Facts About Nymphenburg Palace
When planning a trip to Germany, there are several things that must not be missed such as the many amazing castles in Germany. This is a country that is alive with history and culture, much that revolves around their royal family. One of the best and most popular of these attractions is Nymphenburg Palace. There are many interesting facts about the castles such as Neuschwanstein Castle facts as well as many interesting facts about Nymphenburg Palace. Here we have compiled a list of the 7 most interesting facts about Nymphenburg Palace.
1. Agostino Barelli was commissioned to build the palace as a summer residence for Elector Ferinand Maria and his consort Henriette Adelaide of Savoy after the birth of his son and heir.
2. One of the most famous features of Nymphenburg Palace is the “Gallery of Beauties” which was painted for King Ludwig I by Joseph Stieler.
3. The palace today is much different than it was when first constructed as five Wittlesback rulers have changed and added to the palace.
4. Visitors may view some rooms that are decorated in the original Baroque style while others have a more modern design.
5. Many carriages that are on display in the carriage museum were used in royal coronations.
6. Much of the design and architecture of Nymphenburg Palace are inspired by French and Italian architecture.
7. While one of the most popular attractions, the palace is still home to the duke of Bavaria.
Many of the hotels in Munich, Germany are within easy traveling distance to Nymphenburg Palace and may offer tour packages making planning your stay in Germany very enjoyable and memorable. Visiting Nymphenburg Palace needs to be at the top of list of things to do in Munich when planning any vacation to Germany as well as any other country in Europe.