7 Interesting Facts About Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta
The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta is not an ordinary balloon festival. Balloons soar above the Albuquerque landscape and delight visitors during the fall each year. The best way to attend this festival is on a great vacation to Albuquerque, New Mexico. First, find out the most interesting facts about this fiesta. Then, book one of the cheap flights to Albuquerque!
1. The Albuquerque balloon festival is a 9 day event lasting all day! Events begin as early as 5:45 am and end at 8:00 pm. During the day or night, visitors can enjoy the sights of balloons souring high above the ground.
2. Balloons are not the only thing to see at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. There are plenty of live music, food vendors, fireworks, and a one of a kind balloon glow. The Balloon glow happens at night and is a celebration of the people of the town of Albuquerque.
3. Your list of things to do in Albuquerque would not complete without the largest balloon festival in the world. Since this event only happens every October, so book your trip accordingly!
4. If you do not want to participate in the event with your balloon team, you can check out the hot air balloon rides with the Rainbow Ryders. This group of operators is the official balloon guides of the event.
5. Multiple countries participate in the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. This event is an amazing international delight!
6. While you are visiting the balloon fiesta, stay at Old Town Albuquerque to experience another historical part of Albuquerque. This town offers a wide variety of bed and breakfast and hotels for visitors to choose from.
7. The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta has been a part of Albuquerque traditions since 1972! After multiple years, this balloon experience has grown from 30 participants to hundreds of international participants. Ballooning is actually the worlds oldest aviation sport.