7 Barcelona Tourist Attractions Everyone Should See!
Visitors to Barcelona, Spain will be amazed by the abundance of brilliant architecture as well as the many cultural and historical attractions throughout this amazing city. Please see below where we present a list of the seven best Barcelona tourist attractions that everyone should see.
1. Barri Gotic or Gothic Quarter – This is an ancient part of the city where residents and visitors may enjoy a walk through and marvel at the roman ruins, plazas and historical churches. There are also several boutiques and bars to purchase souvenirs or sit and relax.
2. Gaudi Park Guell – This is a magnificent park designed by Antoni Gaudi. Visitors will be able to take a relaxing stroll and will be held breathless by the pillars, tile work and other stone structures by this brilliant artist. This is by far one of the most popular Barcelona tourist attractions.
3. Barcelona Zoo – The zoo is celebrating its 120th anniversary in 2012 and is home to many different species of animals such as anteaters, hippopotamus’ and wolves to just name a few. This one of the best things to do in Barcelona for the entire family.
4. Sagrada Familia – This is another great example of the amazing architecture by Antoni Gaudi. One of the most interesting Sagrada Familia facts is that it has been a work in progress for 125 years and is not expected to be completed for another twenty years. Once Gaudi was commissioned to work on this magnificent church, he did so until his death. The construction has been completely financed by donations of the residents of Barcelona.
5. Monjuic Castle – No trip to Spain is complete without a visit to a castle, and this is one that shouldn’t be missed. Montjuic Castle is best known as the place of the execution of Catalan President Lluis Companys. The more adventurous can take a cable car ride to the top of the hill where they will marvel at magnificent views.
6. Barcelona Aquarium – When looking for fun things to do in Barcelona, this is not to be missed. There are many interesting exhibits including a shark tank as well as penguin displays. There are also many interactive activities for adults and children. The aquarium also offers a chance to camp with the sharks.
7. Magic Fountain – This spectacular fountain was designed in 1929 and restored in 1992 in time for the Olympics. This is now one of the main attractions of Barcelona. Visitors will be enthralled by the beauty as the water spurts out in brilliant colors in time to music. This is definitely one of the best Barcelona tourist attractions and not to be missed!
When visiting Barcelona, be sure not to miss any of these great Barcelona tourist attractions. Even though Barcelona beaches are so very popular and definitely deserve a visit, be sure to take at least a day or two to check out these other attractions. You won’t regret it!