5 Reasons To Visit Albuquerque Balloon Museum
When planning a visit to Albuquerque, New Mexico you will find that there are many fun and interesting things to do in Albuquerque with kids. One of these is to visit the Albuquerque Balloon Museum. Here we have a list of five reasons not to miss visiting the Albuquerque Balloon Museum.
1. Learn about the amazing culture and history of the hot air and gas balloon since the very first lift off in the late 1700’s as well as the history of the annual Albuquerque Balloon Festival. This will open up your eyes to the amazing world of hot air balloons!
2. Stories in the Sky! Every Wednesday at 9:15, children are able enjoy an hour of fantastic stories as well as music. In addition to the wonderful stories told by Laurie Magovern, there are crafts and activities for everyone. This is something fun as well as educational for young children as well as adults.
3. Of course, you must visit the Museum for the amazing exhibits. Visitors will marvel at the exhibits that delve into the history of the hot air and gas balloons as well as honoring the “Father of Balloon Fiesta,” Sid Cutter as well as the FAI Ballooning Commission International Hall of Fame.
4. Reflect and remember the fallen at the World War II traveling exhibit depicting our history during this tragic war. This traveling exhibit is located inside the Albuquerque Balloon Museum and is free with admission to the museum.
5. Purchase a tile for the Forever Wall. Pick out a tile depicting your favorite balloon and add a dedication or your company logo to the tile. This is something that you will be able to see each time you visit the museum. This is a great and unique gift and as the money goes to support the museum, this is a wonderful cause.
If you are looking for places to visit in New Mexico, it’s clear that the Albuquerque Balloon Museum is one of the best as well as the most popular of the nineteen Albuquerque museums. Whenever you visit the Balloon Capital of the World, this is definitely not something you will want to miss. This is truly a great place to go no matter what age you are.