5 Most Interesting Zimbabwe Tourist Attractions
Zimbabwe is one of the most beautiful places on earth located in the southeastern Africa boasting untamed wilderness, great natural wonders and exciting safari adventures. If you are looking for adventure or a peaceful honeymoon destination, Zimbabwe Africa has much to offer. Below is a list of the 5 most interesting Zimbabwe tourist attractions to visit while touring this amazing country.
1. Victoria Falls & Zambezi River – Known for their beauty and prime safari destination, Victoria Falls offer one of the New Seven Wonders of the World to visitors from all over the globe located on the Zambezi River. The area is lush and inviting and it is no wonder why it is one of the most popular honeymoon and Zimbabwe tourist attractions. Unlike other African tourist destinations, the Falls are an adventure seeker’s paradise. The entire area has more to offer than most Ghana tourist attractions. The Zambezi River can be witnessed in full swing at the Victoria Falls. When the river is flooded, the Falls are the largest falling water sheet on earth. There are other areas along the Zambezi that offer prime opportunities for canoeing and white water rafting along both the Upper and Lower Zambezi River. Zimbabwe tourist attractions are not complete until you witness this amazing flow of water.
2. Mana Pools National Park – One of the UNESCO World Heritage site, Mana Pools National Park sprawls across 850 sq mi offering four large pools that are loved by local inhabitants, hippos and crocodiles. This is one of the most remote park which allowed it to conserve its sense of primal African wilderness. Among other wildlife species, you will see lions, leopards, cheetahs, elephants, zebras and antelopes. Guests can stay either in tented camps or lodges which blend beautifully in the surrounding nature.
3. Hwange National Park – Located within driving distance from Kalahari Desert, Hwange National Park is one of the continent’s most famous game reserves. Known for its giant herds of elephants, Hwange is one of the most exciting Zimbabwe tourist attractions to see. The area is flooded with teak forests, grasslands, granite koppies and woodlands that support a hundred species of animals and over four hundred bird species. Lots of different safari tours could be arranged here, whether you prefer walking, horseback riding or 4 wheel drive jeep excursions. All safari tours are accompanied by professional guides providing insightful information and trained to spot even the rarest animals.
4. Great Zimbabwe Ruins – Another UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most significant archaeological ruins on the territory of African continent contributing priceless information on the lost civilizations. Great place to explore the ruins of Great Zimbabwe and so different than the Nigeria tourist attractions. The place is believed to be one of the main trading points of Africa from the 10th through the 15th centuries, which later was abandoned due to lack of food and water. Today very little of the Ruins are left for tourists to explore scattered around three main areas where you can see the crafty stonework of the lost civilizations.
5. Harare – Known as the commercial capital of Zimbabwe, Harare is one of the most popular Zimbabwe tourist attractions. Here you will find imported goods and textiles as steel, cotton and citrus. The area is near the airport and offers a variety of hotels. Harare Gardens is a public park offering beautiful landscaped environment and even its miniature Victoria Falls and the Zambezi River Gorge.