5 Best Water Parks in Colorado
If you are looking forward to spending time cooling off in some of the water parks in Colorado, you will be happy to note that there are quite a few to choose from.
The water parks in Colorado vary from super exciting, to fun and laid back, which means they appeal to a broad customer base. The best part is you and your family will be able to enjoy yourselves during your vacation.
Here is a list of the best 5 water parks in Colorado:
1. Waterworld Colorado – This water park is located in the city of Federal Heights, just outside Denver. It is 64 acres of thrilling rides and fun for families of all ages. Here you can spend time on a family-sized raft sailing down the water. Or, take a trip on the Lost River or Voyage to the Center of the Earth ride. There are speed slides that bank down hills as tall as 6 stories and lazy river rides where you can just relax and enjoy your surroundings. The tiny tots will certainly enjoy Wally World, an area exclusively designed for them. Since it’s like one of the theme parks in Colorado, all visitors shorter than 40 inches receive free admission. Just one more reason this water park tops the list.
2. Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park – This water park is one of the top Denver tourist attractions because it is right in the heart of the city and with 13 different slides and 3 major attractions, it draws thousands annually. The park consists of a wave pool and kiddie pool, plus a lazy river and multiple water slides. They vary from speed slides to body slides, tube slides and bowl slides. They also have a family rafting adventure.
3. Apex Park and Recreation District – This is one of the most popular indoor water parks in Colorado, and certainly the largest. Located in Arvada, Colorado, the Apex Center is perfect for those days when the weather isn’t perfect for outdoor activities. Plus, the fees are very reasonable. The water park includes vortex pools and even a 150-foot body and tube slide, complete with a magnificent waterfall. The play pool is a simulated beach area, with geysers, fountains, slides and waterfalls.
4. Pirate’s Cove – This is one of the water parks in Colorado that also features a theme. Located in Englewood, Colorado, it has wonderful activities, including a dump bucket that fills with water and slowly dumps 750 gallons of water on those below. You can also tube down the lazy river or experience the slide tower that has 3 slides to choose from. Other fun spots include the sand play area, a competitive pool and the spray garden.
5. The Splash – Of the water parks in Colorado, this one has the most relaxed environment. Located in Golden, Colorado, it features tube and body slides, a leisure pool, spray fountains and a dump bucket that holds 500 gallons of water. There is also a play area with a sandy beach.