5 Best Tucson Golf Resorts
The major Tucson golf resorts offer spectacular courses set among unbelievable backdrops of some of the most exceptional landscapes you will find in Arizona. It’s no wonder that so many avid golfers travel here each year to tee off and relax.
Unlike many other resorts in this area, the Tucson golf resorts emphasize the kinds of courses that most deem tour-worthy. They add to this by providing top amenities and accommodations so once you arrive, you won’t need to step one foot off the grounds.
Here is a list of the 5 best Tucson golf resorts:
1. Omni Tucson National Resort – This is number one of all the Tucson golf resorts. It offers guests a 36-hole golf course, but because of the small size, it is more appealing than others. In addition, there are two different courses to choose from: Catalina Course and Sonoran Course. Both are championship level courses. The resort itself also has top-notch amenities, like a full spa and even a facility where you can practice before you hit the course. One of the other appealing points is Bob’s Steak and Chop House, which many consider to be one of the best restaurants in Tucson.
2. The Lodge at Ventana Canyon and Lowes Ventana Canyon –Of all the Tucson golf resorts, this one is extra special because it has two courses and each are challenging in their own right. The Mountain course is loved because of the vast number of desert holes, which add to the excitement, while the Canyon course is more laid back, but has more signature holes that require higher skill. This is also one of the smaller hotels in Tucson, adding to the privacy, which golfers absolutely love. It only has 50 units and they are all styled like condominiums with full-sized kitchens and more.
3. Westin La Paloma – One of two Tucson resorts built by the famous golfer, Jack Nicklaus in 1984. This golfer’s paradise offers complex courses that were once top of the line, but can still rival many competitors. The recent updates and renovations on the courses provide even more challenges, including holes that wind through the foothills and complex fairways. Other features include signature restaurants like Janos, J Bar and Sabino’s Swim Up Bar and Grill. So, not only does this resort have excellent golf options, but they also considered Tucson nightlife.
4. JW Marriot Tucson Starr Pass Resort and Spa – This luxurious resort is set atop a spectacular mountain against covered foothills within Tucson’s most elegant park. The 27-hole golf course continues to draw the most well known and experienced golfers from all over the world for a taste of rumbling courses and challenging holes. The accommodations are what you would expect from the Marriott name, class and sophistication with suites, executive suites and hospitality suites.
5. Ritz Carlton Golf Club at Dove Mountain – This is the second golf resort built by Jack Nicklaus. It has 27 holes with world-class golfers visiting monthly to take a shot at the holes, which soar between 2300 and 3200 feet in the air. It surrounds the Tortolita Mountains which also adds to the natural beauty of the course. In addition, you have your choice between rooms, casitas or suites all richly decorated in the finest wood and indigenous stones of the area.