5 Best Fiordland National Park Tours
Fiordland National Park is the largest park in New Zealand and covers thousands of acres. It is home to more than 15,000 different species, including birds and mammals and is famous for the pristine beaches and lush green landscapes.
When you are ready to plan your next vacation, why not check out the sites and sounds New Zealand vacation packages have to offer.
All New Zealand tourist attractions feature tours to Fiordland National Park, so to get a great deal, you will need to do your homework. Luckily, the 5 Best Tours are listed below:
1. Milford Sound Mariner Overnight Cruise – This 2-day excursion features a full-length cruise along the Fiord where you can see spectacular sights. Like the rain forest, magnificent waterfalls and of course, boundless wildlife.
2. Milford Sound Mariner Overnight Cruise from Te Anau – The 2-day tour starts as you ride in a luxury coach as you journey down the Milford Road. The next step includes boarding the cruise vessel where you will spend the night. Enjoy a three-course dinner and full breakfast.
3. Doubtful Sound Tours Wilderness Cruise – This special 3-hour tour begins with a leisure ride down Lake Manapouri. From there, you travel to Wilmont Pass where you can view the Fiordland’s rainforest. You will leave the cruise ship and board an intimate catamaran for a journey to the Deep Cove
4. Te Anau Glow Worm Caves Tour – This tour is approximately 2.5 hours and begins with a scenic cruise on Lake Te Anau. Here, you will experience the rush of shimmering waters and underground caverns where thousands of glow worms light up the darkness.
5. Full-day Milford Sound and Fiordland National Park – Spend all day, a total of 8.5 hours cruising along Lake Te Anau, the largest in South Island. View the sights and enjoy lunch then head out on a walking tour with your professional tour guide.
If you choose a day tour, you will need lodging and accommodations for the evening, or the duration of your stay. The hotels in Christchurch come highly recommended, especially because of their location.
There are over 72 hotels to choose from and they are all in close proximity to the Fiordland National Park. You are sure to be in the center of all of the major attractions.
Continue reading our other articles on the topic of Interesting Facts About Glow Worm Caves. It is sure to keep you interested.