5 Best Day Trips From Paris By Train
So you’ve seen everything you wanted to see Paris and have a few days to kill. How about a day trip from Paris by train to fill the last days of your European trip? Consider these options for a quick getaway.
- Paris to London – With a 7am start, meet your train and depart for 3 hours of winding and weaving along the tracks from France to England. Your Eurostar day trip from Paris pass includes tickets to the London Hop On Hop Off tour and a cruise along the Thames River. Enjoy the freedom of riding through the city of London and stopping at points of interest at your leisure. The changing of the guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace is a must see. As well as Big Ben and shopping at Piccadilly Circus.
- Paris to the Valley of the Kings — Looking for romantic things to do in Paris? A TGV high speed train trip over to see all the historic and grandiose Loire Valley castles will spark magic like a majestic fairytale romance. Board your train for an hour ride into a mystical journey to visit the following castles: Azay-Le-Rideau, Villandry, Chenonceau, Amboise, Clos and Luce.
- Paris to the Town of Versailles – Just a 40 minute ride day trip from Paris on the RER train and you’ll be face to face with the symbol of absolute monarchy – the Versailles Chateau. Walk the Hall of Mirrors and the through the gardens to experience the opulence and prestige of the palace.
- Paris to the Champagne Region — The bullet train will break the sound barrier when whisking you away on a 45 minute express ride to the home of the best selling wine in the world. On your day trip, explore the forests, the vineyards, the wine villages like Verzy and the Champagne caves.
- Paris to Provins— A short ride on the SNCF regional train, the town of Provins offers medieval shows and festivals. As well as monuments and a rose garden to tour. Don’t forget to pick up local products and handcrafted items.
As you have read, there are a variety of different options for fast and entertaining day trips from Paris by train.