5 Best Day Trips From Frankfurt Locals Recommend!
Including day trips from Frankfurt is a must when you are in Germany and there are a few that stand out from the rest. You really will need to decide which ones you really must participate in and this should help you narrow your search because these are some of the best places to visit in Germany.
There are many Frankfurt Germany attractions. Some are much more picturesque than others, and they all vary in length from as short as 4 hours to as long as 14 hours.
If you have around a week to stay, it shouldn’t be that challenging finding day trips from Frankfurt. However, if you only have a couple of days, you are going to want to make the most of your time and this could mean, shorter more details excursions.
This is a list of the 5 best day trips from Frankfurt that locals recommend:
1. Rhine Valley Trip – day trips from Frankfurt to the Rhine Valley can be 4 or 8 hours in length. You are picked up by your guide and travel in a climate controlled bus to the Rhine Valley. Included is a Rhine Valley River cruise along with wine tasting at a local winery. As you sail along the Rhine River, your final destination is Rudesheim where you can shop and have a bite to eat.
2. Rothenberg Trip – Another of the day trips from Frankfurt that entails a coach with air conditioning and complimentary snacks. This trip takes you through the wonderful landscapes of the Spessart Mountains as you pass the river and head onto Romantic Road. Once you reach your destination in Rothenberg, you disembark and take in the sights of the city, shop and have a traditional German lunch. The entire trip lasts 12 hours.
3. Black Forest and Strasbourg Trip – Some of the best hotels in Frankfurt recommend this day tour, because you can literally see Germany and France in just 12 hours. Your guided tour begins as you recline in a luxury coach towards the town called Baden-Baden, home of the Black Forest. There you will discover deep-green forests and mountains of immense proportions. Next is Lake Mummelsee and finally, Strasbourg, which is on the border of France and Germany. Gaze your eyes on the Gothic Cathedral, shop the boutiques and ride the canals on a boat ride.
4. Heidelberg Half Day Trip – There are some Frankfurt Germany attractions that can be seen in just 6 hours, and this is perfect if you are pressed for time. You will see Heidelberg Castle, Karl Theodor Bridge and Old Town. You will be able to walk around this ancient city and see the oldest university in Germany, Heidelberg University. You can also enjoy lunch at one of the many nearby shops.
5. Neuschwanstein Castle Trip – This 14 hour trip can be included in a package with most flights to Frankfurt because it is one of Germany’s most popular landmarks. The area is a virtual fairy tale, with a real castle directly in the middle of the well manicured grounds, gardens and village below. It is clear why this castle inspired Sleeping Beauty, by Walt Disney.