5 Best Day Trips From Delhi
Trying to decide on the type of day trips from Delhi that will allow you to see much of the area in only a few hours is tough. After all, there are so many artifacts, museums, temples and more that you really want to experience.
One of the best ways to choose from the large number of day trips from Delhi available is to take your time and figure out what sights are most important to you. If you want something more religious, then you can choose a package that works around temples and mausoleums.
If you are more interested in day trips from Delhi that are more cultural, including food and art, you can select those kinds. It really depends on your personal style and of course, the amount of time you have to explore.
From a variety point of view, here are the 5 best day trips from Delhi:
1. Mughals Delhi – You can be sure that this makes the best day trips from Delhi list because you have a choice for guides that speak virtually every language, including English, Spanish, German, French and Italian. Once they pick you up from your hotel, you will have 6 hours to see places like Jama Masjid, Humayun’s Tomb, Connaught Place and Qutab Minar. You also have time to eat at an authentic Indian restaurant. During the end of your trip, you will be taken to streets where you can spend time at the markets and shop for all kinds of traditional garments, crafts and more.
2. Full-Day Excursion to Agra – Features many stops including Red Fort Agra. This 8-hour trip begins early in the morning so you can get to the Taj Mahal during the sunrise, which is spectacular. During your journey, your driver will provide you with all kinds of information including very interesting Taj Mahal facts so you really get an understanding of this wonder of the world.
3. City Tour of Delhi – Is a day trip you can find in Rajasthan tour packages, available when you book your vacation. They offer all kinds of travel arrangements, ranging from medium cars for 1-3 riders, up to coaches for 15-32 tourists. Your trip begins at your hotel with a stop at Old Delhi where you will see Shanti Vana and Raj Ghat. Next, is Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, President’s house and a place for shopping and dining. This is a full-day tour.
4. Delhi Temples – This 6-hour tour also includes places to visit near Delhi, because it is strictly for those who want to visit the Temples. You will see the Monkey temple, Birla Mandir, Lotus Temple and Akshardaham Temple.
5. Agra Overnight Tour – Most people recommend Golden Triangle tours in India, because they are very detailed. However, if you want a day trip only, they will make arrangements to meet you in Agra, which is only a couple of hours away, by car. They are very accommodating and will always work around your specifications. The easiest way to ensure that this tour will work for you is to book one of the hotels in New Delhi India that offers rental cars on the premises. You can leave your hotel and meet the tour guide in Agra, where the touring vehicle will be waiting for you. Once there, you will go directly to all of the best attractions, like the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Itmad-Daula Tomb and Fatehpur Sikari.