5 Best Copenhagen Tours For Cruise Visitors!
The harbor in Copenhagen has won the distinguished World Travel Award for five straight years for being the #1 European cruise port. Take a look at this list of Copenhagen tours to discover what they have to offer cruisers once they dock that keeps earning them this notable title
1. Copenhagen Grand Tour – An extensive exploration of the Danish capital that covers all major sightseeing photo ops. A guide will lead you around the city to the Amalienborg Castle to see the changing of the guard, the Parliament building where important Danish political issues are hammered out, and the popular Tivoli Gardens Copenhagen.
2. Rosenborg Castle – Not everyone can say they had the opportunity to tour a castle, so make sure you take advantage of all the Copenhagen tours while you are in port. This particular castle is home to not only the Danish Crown Regalia, but also the Crown Jewels.
3. Hamlet’s Castle – If you remember your Shakespearean play’s correctly, you’ll recall that this castle was immortalized as Elsinore in Hamlet. This and other Copenhagen tours can be arranged by your cruise ship for the day trip.
4. Copenhagen Harbor Tour – A board a sailing vessel, you’ll have a water’s edge view of the City of Spires, from the waterfront of Nyhavn to several other Copenhagen attractions. The colorful harbor will be lined with quaint shops, restaurants, townhomes, cafes and many Copenhagen hotels.
5. Little Mermaid Statue – They come from miles around to see Denmark’s most photographed statue. Whether you believe in mermaids or not is irrelevant, the fact remains that her beauty will grab your attention and captivate you.
While some many find it more convenient to take flights to Copenhagen, the cruisers are truly getting the best bang for their buck. Not only do they visit this amazing city, but several others as well. Additionally, many companies will offer discounts to cruisers for booking their Copenhagen tours.