5 Best Cairns Hotels Review
Cairns, Australia is a gateway to tropical paradise, with its shores along the Coral Sea leading to the Great Barrier Reef and the oldest rainforest in the world — the Daintree Rainforest. What better way to experience paradise than to just walk out your door? Finding best hotels in Cairn, Australia has never been easier with this wonderful guide providing you with top five hotels and resorts:
1. Angsana Resort And Spa: Great Barrier Reef – Named one of the top Cairns hotels, this resort has it all. There are a total of 67 suites which reach the ultimate luxury, and a stay here guarantees pampering. Close enough to enjoy all of the incredible things to do in Cairns, this resort still maintains a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere that is very enjoyable. Each suite offers drapes made from fine quality Thai silk, and features robes, a mini bar, slippers, a safe, hair dryers, and many other amenities. The Angsana Resort and Spa: Great Barrier Reef is the only one of Cairns hotels that has direct beachfront access to the pristine waters of the Coral Sea. Each of the rooms are spacious, apartment styled living spaces with the newest in amenities. Also hosted at the resort are the award-winning Angsana Spa treatments, and elegant dining at the Far Horizons Restaurant and Bar.
2. Palm Royale Cairns Hotel – During your stay in Cairns, find a paradise within paradise at the Palm Royale Cairns Hotel. The Palm Royale is one of the more moderately priced of Cairns hotels, with comfortable accommodations. If you are looking for Cairns hotels that are affordable but offer exceptional service and amenities then this may the right hotel for you. A Mediterranean design with a heavy coating of the tropics is what makes this hotel such a draw. Lush palm trees surround the courtyards, shading relaxing gardens. The hotel also offers shuttles into major attractions in Cairns, and is conveniently located close to the airport. All of the 150 rooms at this resort style hotel feature a private balcony, perfect for viewing the incredible scenery. Every room at the hotel features a King size bed, and they all come with the facilities to make coffee or tea right in the room. The Palm Royale has three swimming pools: one 25 meter lap pool, a dive pool, and a beach style-swimming pool surrounded by waterfalls trickling over rock fixtures.
3. Bloomfield Lodge – Known as one of the most exclusive Cairns luxury hotels in the area, the Bloomfield Lodge offers a stay in a natural paradise and extremely relaxing setting. Once you board a private plane to Bloomfield Lodge, you begin your journey to one of the most unique and luxurious of Cairns hotels. Bloomfield Lodge is located on its own, remote retreat, surrounded by the tropics. The hotel is situated where the Great Barrier Reef meets the Daintree Rainforest, and included in a stay at the Bloomfield Lodge four nights or longer are a Guided Rainforest walk and a two hour cruise down the Bloomfield River. All meals are included in the price of your stay, and all are artfully crafted by Bloomfield’s expert chefs. Children under 10 years old are not allowed, because this resort caters to adults and older children only so all guests will enjoy their stay. The timber retreat rooms are spectacular, and they are arranged around the main lodge structure. Make sure to check for vacancies before you go though, because this resort is extremely popular and often booked to capacity. With the best in comfort in a private oasis, it is a small wonder. Bloomfield Lodge was once ranked Number 1 by Forbes as the “Worlds Best Remote Hotel.”
4. Pacific International Hotel – One of the Cairns hotels that is located along the waterfront, this hotel guarantees breathtaking views. Few Cairns hotels can boast the kind of central location of the Pacific International Hotel. The hotel is situated close to most of the attractions in Cairns, and the accomodations and setting are very inviting. Cairns attractions including the Esplanade Lagoon and Parklands, the convention center, and shopping and dining districts are near the Pacific International. The price is mid-range, but a great bargain for the room and service that you get in return. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable, and the hotel offers many amenities to international travelers. Each room has an open view of downtown Cairns, and a balcony to soak it all in. Within is hotel is the Bushfire Flame Grill restaurant, a Brazilian style grill (where skewers of flame cooked meats are brought by the table) that has become a favorite among tourists and locals alike. For its price, the Pacific International Hotel is the best value if you plan to spend a lot of time in downtown Cairns.
5. Shangri-La Hotel The Marina – This is one of the Cairns hotels which offers the most spectacular views and personal service found anywhere. Considered a five star hotel, Shangri-La is located right at the marina. Overlooking the Marlin Marina, the Shangri-La Hotel The Marina is among the finest in accommodations at the gateway to the Barrier Reef. It is one of the most highly reviewed Cairns hotels, and with excellent reason. Each of the Shangri-La Hotel rooms have excellent views, from their lush and vibrant courtyards, to downtown Cairns, to the sparkling bays. Recently updated, the rooms are chic and modern with straight lines and wooden accents. At the Shangri-La Hotel experience fine dining at NORTH, and the hotel is also conveniently located near the best in premier restaurants in the dining precinct. It is possible to book Great Barrier Reef tours and other outings right at the hotel. There are more than 250 rooms to choose from, but the price of a room at this hotel may not be affordable or within budget for everyone.