5 Best Athens Airport Hotels
Picking out the perfect hotel is important for any traveler. Sometimes for a quick trip, staying near an airport is most convenient. These Athens airport hotels are sure to fit any traveler and budget.
1. Sofitel Athens Airport – One of Athens airport hotels rated as a five star stay. Flying in and out of the Athens airport is made easy by this quick commute. Athens center city is about 15 minutes away from this hotel. Featured amenities include: spa, two Mediterranean restaurants, and fitness center.
2. Arion Resort and Spa – This luxury hotel and spa is midway between the Athens airport and the Acropolis. At this hotel visitors can experience a 24 hour desk service, high speed internet, and a room with a safe and mini-bar. If you don’t want to indulge in Athens tourist attractions, enjoy the spa or golfing at this magnificent hotel.
3. Holiday Inn Athens Attica – One of the contemporary Athens airport hotels, the Holiday Inn is part of the familiar Holiday Inn chain. However, this Holiday Inn has an Athens feel with a contemporary, stylish twist. With airport shuttles and convenient services to the metro, this hotel is for any traveler. Hotel is equipped with restaurants and a meeting room perfect for a business trip or a wedding reception. If you are looking for things to do in Athens, this hotel is known for their guest services and friendly staff’s suggestions.
4. Hotel Rio Athens – Slightly farther from the hotel is the beautiful Hotel Rio. Listed as a preferred hotel on many travel sites, this hotel offers many amenities most hotels don’t, such as: babysitting, a salon, and dry cleaning plus laundry. If you are looking to visit multiple islands in Greece, the Hotel Rio Athens is a perfect long term hotel. By extending your trip and staying in a prime hotel, you will have time to travel from Athens to Santorini, which is a quick 45 minute flight.
5. Best Western Pythagorean – Located in the commercial square of Athens, this Athens airport hotel has a local shuttle and reasonably priced rooms. Extra amenities like roll away beds, a doctor on call, and a complimentary breakfast will make your stay more comfortable while visiting Athens. Also, inquire about the hotels premium sightseeing tours!