5 Annual Fort Lauderdale Events Worth Visiting!
It seems that some months, the Fort Lauderdale events can even take over the entire area, especially if they last longer than a few nights. For example, the Collectible Glassware Show and Sale occurs annually and last for about 3 days. During this time, this 30-year old extravaganza draws dealers from all across the globe.
Other annual Fort Lauderdale events, like the Decorate, Dine and Donate Auction appeals to those who are looking to make a difference in the world, by helping those who are suffering from debilitating illnesses, such as lymphoma and leukemia. This event is designed to raise funds for research and often features auctions of priceless works of art and collectibles.
With so many worthy Fort Lauderdale events occurring over a 12-month period, it is hard to know which ones you must visit and experience first-hand.
Here are 5 annual Fort Lauderdale events worth visiting.
1. The Annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show – As for top Fort Lauderdale tourist attractions, this annual event has been around for more than half a century and continues to attract all types of people every year. It is the most grand boat show that occurs anywhere else in the world. Every year, the exhibits are larger, and the attendance and sales numbers grow. It takes place during the month of October and is held in the Broward County Convention Center.
2. Museum of Discovery Wine and Culinary Celebration – For more than 15 years, MOD has sponsored this event for the Fort Lauderdale restaurants and culinary experts who provide all types of delightful and exceptional cuisine to all of the guests in an effort to raise money for the MOD and of course, honor those in the culinary arts. This black-tie affair occurs during the month of April.
3. Bridal and Party Cruise to Jamaica – Cruises from Fort Lauderdale cannot hold a candle to this annual event that includes a fashion show, bridal expo, white linen party, reggae party, casino night, men’s basketball contest, pamper party with spa treatments and of course, bachelorette and bachelor party. This annual even began 10 years ago and is still one of the most highly booked events to date.
4. Sistrunk Parade and Street Festival – This annual event has been going on for well over 30 years and does wonders for Fort Lauderdale tourism. In fact, between the parade with the drill teams, marching bands and exquisite parade floats, mixed with the arts and crafts and food of the festival, it is hard to believe it all takes place in only one day. The parade usually begins during the early hours in late February and the festival takes over as soon as the parade ends.
5. Holiday Fantasy of Lights – No one should end their year without heading over to the annual Holiday of Lights in Tradewinds Park. This annual event draws at least 150,000 each year and is one of the main reasons why Fort Lauderdale vacation rentals book so quickly during the months of November through January. Simply don a pair of 3-D glasses as you drive through the park and marvel at the colors and glorious spectacle of millions of holiday lights.