30 Rockefeller Plaza – Top 10 Things To Do!
Developed in the attempts to jump start economy surviving the Great Depression, Rockefeller Center was created by John D. Rockefeller Jr. in 1929. His main idea was to enhance downtown New York area and to create more jobs for New Yorkers in orders for them to feed their families in one of the worst times in American history. Now Rockefeller Plaza is a thriving and upcoming area in New York offering a plethora of things to do in see.
1. Radio City Music Hall being the biggest theatre in the entire globe boasts some of the richest history and the extensive list of impressive actors and musicians who have ever set foot on any theatre stage in the world. It’s also home to one of the oldest dance troupes in the world Rockettes. Here you can watch their magnificent dance performance that have stolen hearts of audience from all over the world.
2. Ice Skating at the Rockefeller Center Ice Rink is the ultimate past time for New Yorkers that should also be enjoyed by all guests coming to visit 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Though the rink is on a smaller side and gets quite busy, nothing beats the feeling of skating on one of the best New York City attractions.
3. NBC Studios Tour is one of the fun things to do in New York because you get to learn how some of the most beloved TV shows are created and go behind the scenes of Saturday Night Live, NBC Sports and many others. Seeing NBC History Theatre for the first time is always a thrill since you can learn how sound effects are created, how back up broadcast room operates and other amazing facts.
4. Seeing artwork is a favorite thing to do for many tourists across the Rockefeller Center. Some of the most recognizable art pieces are sculptures of Prometheus located in the Lower Plaza and Atlas at the 630 Fifth Avenue.
5. Rockefeller Center Tour is a fun and rewarding experience allowing you to learn many interesting facts about the Rockefeller Center and see unusual artwork and spaces that you would not normally encounter by yourself. Tours are guided by knowledgeable historians.
6. Visit Top of the Rock Observation Deck to catch many New York landmarks such as the Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, Chrysler Building and many others. The views are especially breathtaking at the sunset when New York nightlights start coming on.
7. Shopping is abundant in the 30 Rockefeller Plaza area. With high end stores ranging from Coach to Dean and Deluca and everything in between, shopaholics from around the words arrive to this shopping Mecca for new purchases.
8. Dining is incredible around the Rockefeller Plaza and you are sure to find exceptional restaurants to please even the finest palates. The Pulse Restaurant at the Top of the Rock NYC is one of the finest choices you can make and the food here can only compete with the breathtaking views of the downtown NYC.
9. Times Square is another very popular NYC attraction that is well worth seeing since you are already in the area. Though it’s located about half a mile from the 30 Rockefeller Plaza and is considered its own NYC district, magnificent Times Square events and shows that are happening daily are well worth taking a walk for.
10. The Channel Gardens is a perfect vegetation oasis set in the middle of hectic NYC. Guest and New Yorkers come here to unwind, relax and see some beautiful plants all year round.