20 Things To Do In Miami Locals Recommend!
Are you heading to Florida and looking for things to do in Miami to get off the beaten path of the normal touristy stuff? You know the locals always know the best kept secrets that aren’t always included in the tour guide books.
You may have seen lists of top 10 things to do in Miami before, but hopefully this list will offer you something different.
- Try a Miami Culinary Tour – Join the current trend, bring your taste buds and come discover tasty treats that set Miami apart. The city is a melting pot of different cultures and this foodie tour will expand your culinary horizons.
- One of the popular things to do in Miami Beach is to check out the Boardwalk on Ocean Drive. It’s lined with fine dining restaurants, trendy boutiques and bike rental shops and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Let’s Play Ball – In your long list of things to do in Miami, why not check the schedule for the Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat or Miami Marlins. Take in a game with one of these professional powerhouse sports teams.
- Miami Everglades Airboat Tour—Have a need for speed? The guides on the Airboat Tour will give you that and more with wildlife and reptile sightings. Experience the Everglades in a different way.
- Helicopter Tour –Get a bird’s eye view of beautiful Biscayne Bay and the towering skyline of the city as you fly by on a sightseeing tour with Helicopters Over Miami.
- Miami Seaquarium –A 34 acre marine park, visitors to the Seaquarium will experience the wonderful marine animal shows, swim with dolphins or have the chance to take an underwater journey with the Sea Trek Reef Encounter.
- Art Deco Walking Tour –This area is best known for the contemporary Art Deco architectural design plan of buildings that reach from Sixth Street to Dade Boulevard. Tourists can take a self guided walking tour to see this district’s 960 historical structures.
- Watch a sunset – Strolling hand in hand along the South Pointe Park to see the sun going down are among many romantic things to do in Miami that couples can do.
- Miami Metro Zoo—The perfect pastime for kids and adults. Visit the zoo to see a variety of exotic animals.
- Skydiving over the Everglades –If adventure is what you’re seeking, this thrilling activity will give participants an incredible adrenaline rush as they jump from a plane over the gator filled Everglades. Get certified during skydiving school, all certificates will be valid for 2 years.
- Wear your comfortable shoes and set out to find bargains at the Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall.
- One of many beautiful museums in Miami is the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. It’s best known for its exclusive collection of antiques that date back from the 15th – 19th centuries.
- Versace House – Before it was the scene of a tragic incident, it was once the home of famed fashion designer, Gianni Versace. Add this to you must see list of things to do in Miami. Address: 1116 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach
- The premier shopping spot is the Lincoln Road pedestrian mall located between Alton Road and Washington Ave. You’ll find unique boutiques, a cinema, fine dining and a farmer’s market on the weekends.
- Coral Castle Museum – How’d they do that is what you’ll be asking yourself when you enter the gates at the Coral Castle. Coral Castle is actually a coral rock garden and castle that was single handedly built by one man over 28 years with simple handmade tools.
- Miami Day cruise to Bahamas –Take advantage of being so close to the Caribbean with a day trip to the Bahamas thorough Discovery Cruises.
- Miami Children’s Museum –Kids of all ages can play, learn, imagine and create through exhibits and educational resources at the museum.
- Shopping at Dolphin or Aventura Mall –Visit all the major department stores and all the shops in between.
- Still looking for things to do in Miami? Stop by for some jazz and a movie, presented weekly by the Miami Jazz Society and held at the downtown Miami Tower during the Sky Lounge Friday night Happy Hour series.
- Walk through Little Havana on a self guiding walking tour to discover the ambiance and colorful Cuban side of Miami.
Now that our list is complete, pick a few or see all 20, with all the activities in Miami you’re sure to find some to make your vacation more enjoyable.