15 Things To Do in Philadelphia – A Must-See List!
Philadelphia is a beautiful historical center situated in the Delaware Valley offering its visitors a wealth of attractions including world’s best museums, sports venues and restaurants serving Philadelphia’s own mouthwatering cheesesteak sandwiches. There is no shortage of fun things to do in Philadelphia.
Here we have comprised a list of the top fifteen things to do in Philadelphia that cannot be missed.
1. Independence Hall – This is the birthplace of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and should not be missed when visiting Philadelphia.
2. Franklin Square – If you are looking for free things to do in Philadelphia, this is one of the best. The square was formerly a park that has been renovated so that visitors can enjoy mini golf, a playground, carousel and a picnic area.
3. The Rocky Statue – Stop by this movie icon statue and have a picture taken. This is definitely one of the must-see places.
4. Morris Arboretum – Stroll through the many beautiful plants, trees and sculpture including the rose garden, railroad garden.
5. Longwood Garden – If you are looking for romantic things to do in Philadelphia, this is one of the best. Visitors can stroll through the abundance of beautifully landscaped gardens.
6. Fireman’s Hall – This is one of the most popular museums in Philadelphia where guests can learn about the history of firefighting dating back to the first fire hall founded by Benjamin Franklin.
7. Geno’s Cheesesteak – No trip to Philadelphia is complete without trying an authentic Philly cheesesteak and Geno’s has the best in the city. This is really one of the things to do in Philadelphia that you must not miss!
8. Valley Forge National Historic Park – This was the winter encampment during the Revolutionary War and is a great place to see a piece of history including Washington’s headquarters.
9. Pennypacker Mills – This is one of the remaining colonial mansions still standing where guests will learn about the history of the mill and Philadelphia.
10. Lights of Liberty – This is a beautiful light and sound show depicting American’s history.
11. Philadelphia Museum of Art – This museum is one of the largest in the United States and visitors will marvel at the magnificent works of artists such as Van Gogh and Zoe Strauss to name just a couple.
12. Please Touch Museum – This is one of the best things to do in Philadelphia for kids. You children will not want to leave after experiencing the many wonderful interactive exhibits including the Alice in Wonderland Maze as well as the carousel.
13. New Race Street Pier – This is a fairly new addition to the city and is great for just enjoying the beauty of the Delaware River.
14. Independence Seaport Museum – Tis amazing museum will give visitors a chance to tour through a WWII submarine as well as a Navy Cruiser. This is one of the top must-see things to do in Philadelphia.
15. Edgar Allan Poe House – Tour through the former home of this famous writer and poet and get a glimpse into the life of a legend.
With so many fun things to do in Philadelphia, visitors definitely need more than a day to do everything. Whether you stay for one day or a week, you will leave with a better understanding how this country was born.