15 Things To Do in Auckland – A Must-Do List!
The things to do in Auckland, New Zealand are always fun, exciting and quite different from anything you ever experienced because the land is incredibly beautiful.
When you plan on visiting, make sure you include the Lord of the Rings filming locations, whatever you do. These attractions cannot be missed, but you may need at least one full day to enjoy all of the sites.
Your 15 things to do in Auckland must do list can be seen below:
1. Auckland Hop-on Hop-off Tour – A great start is one of the Auckland day trips like this, where you can see the sites and many attractions within the span of a few hours.
2. Waitomo Caves – Spend time admiring the glowworms and stalactites during tours featuring these natural Auckland attractions.
3. Auckland Harbour Dinner Cruise – Auckland nightlife on the Waitemata Harbour is majestic and mysterious. You will sample the native cuisine and enjoy feeling the night breeze.
4. Bay of Island Day Tour – Other things to do in Auckland include taking a trip to the Bay of Islands where the scenery is more like a photograph than real-life.
5. The Skywalk – This is always on the list of New Zealand tourist attractions because you participate in the fun while taking a walk around the Skytower, using a harness. No hands allowed.
6. Whale and Dolphin Safari – Since there are tons of whales and dolphins, some of the other things to do in Auckland include spotting them up close and personal.
7. Time Unlimited Tour – Spend the day with a personal guide fishing and kayaking in the crystal blue waters.
8. Kumeu Wine Tasting – Assault your nose and tongue with the pleasant bouquet of very distinct wines.
9. Matakana Great Tasting – A great way for you to experience the local cuisine, art and beverages of New Zealand.
10. Spa at Castaways – This is no regular spa, it is located on top of the Karioitahi Beach cliffs. Experience facials, massages and more.
11. Rangitoto Island – This is a very isolated island with a volcano that is over 600 years old. Take loads of photos and then swim in the healing, pristine Hauraki Gulf.
12. Walk through the Rainforest – Experience the beauty of the coast by hiking the rainforest, filled with beaches with pure, black sand.
13. Maze ‘n Maize – There is the huge cornfield maze, which changes in design each year located in the Bay of Plenty or you can try the Haunted Horror Maze.
14. Rocket Ropes – For the extremely adventurous, challenge the rope courses, complete with four levels.
15. Sheep World – New Zealand is sheep land and you can see them in their natural habitat.