15 Fun Things To Do In New York City
1. Central Park tops our list of fun things to do in New York City. The park that covers an impressive 843 acres area holds so many unique things to do right in the middle of busy Manhattan Area. Go walking, biking, hire a pedicab, have a picnic, enjoy the lakes and plenty of lush green lawns to lounge around.
2. Statue of Liberty is also on the top of our list of fun things to do in New York City, however, it was hard for us to decide what to put first. Catch a Staten Island ferry and dock to one of the most popular landmarks in the world, The Statue of Liberty that has served as the absolute symbol of freedom and peace for over 125 years.
3. Central Park Zoo simply must be included in our list of fun things to do in New York City. Adults and kids alike will enjoy this family friendly home to various species of animals including wild cats, birds, apes and monkeys and marine species.
4. Metropolitan Museum of Art holding over 2 millions of artifacts is one of the most important NYC landmarks to visit. Paintings, sculptures, folk costumes, armor pieces and many more exhibits are waiting for you to unlock them during your next visit.
5. 30 Rockfeller Plaza is the place to be if you are traveling to NYC. No matter what your interests are, do not delay coming here because you will find a plethora of amazing activities ranging from fine dining, extreme shopping, figure skating and even get a glimpse of the famous NBC studios if you decide to book one of New York City tours.
6. Brooklyn Bridge is one of NYC’s iconic attractions drawing millions of tourists to survey this magnificent engineering creation connecting two banks of East River. Access it from the pedestrian walkway to enjoy the experience at your own pace.
7. New York Aquarium is a perfect attraction to visit with children of all ages. Over 1,000 marine creatures are presented for guest to explore such as dolphins, stingrays and beluga whales just to name a few.
8. Empire State Building is situated in the heart of busy Manhattan and a must visit if you are in search of really fun things to try. Visit the 86th floor Observation Deck where you can see breathtaking views of downtown New York and many important NYC attractions.
9. Times Square is the center stage for many unforgettable Times Square events that you must experience at lease once in a life time. Attending Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, New Year’s ball drop and other no less memorable happenings is sure to leave you with lifetime memories.
10. Chinatown is an ultimate feast for your eyes and taste buds. If you are traveling in February, you will find plenty of fun things to do in New York City during their annual celebration of the Chinese New Year. Lots of authentic Chinese restaurants serving everything from dim sum to stir fries and plenty of cheap souvenir stores to keep you busy for hours.
11. Billy Elliot Broadway Show is an absolute must for you to see especially while looking for exciting things to do in the Big Apple. Having won numerous awards, this Broadway production is a great tale completed with high energy dancing and singing.
12. Battery Park NYC is one of the oldest parks in New York with historical significance. Here you can venture on one of the best outdoor explorations, sightseeing and even visiting places of historical significance like the Castle Ground that was built as a fort to withstand potential military attacks during early American History.
13. Go Ice-skating provided New York City boasts so many professional size skating rinks virtually in any part of NYC whether you are visiting Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island or Queens. But the most spectacular skating rink that is a must for you to visit is the Rockefeller Center Ice.
14. Greenwich Village is another great Manhattan neighborhood that should be explored due to its excellent selection of really fun stuff to do and try including restaurants, art galleries, outdoor performances and many more.
15. Broadway show Chicago is a must-see musical whether you are a first time visitor to NYC or a return tourist. Magnificent singing coupled with even better dancing and minimalistic stage create one of a kind musical that focuses on the talent of the actors rather than décor elements.