15 Fun Things To Do In Miami
Miami, Florida is a city that is alive with Cuban culture and history. There are so many fun things to in Miami that one could be occupied for weeks and never do the same thing twice. Here we have compiled a list of the top 15 fun things to do in Miami.
1. Zoo Miami – This is listed as one of the top 10 things to do in Miami as well as one of the best well-known zoos in America. This is also one of the first free range zoos in the country as the exhibits are all cageless. They are divided up into the regions and animals that generally get along are housed together. A great place to visit!
2. Seaquarium – This is definitely one of the best things to do with kids in Miami. Kids will marvel at the sea turtles, seals, sea lions, Florida manatee as well as the live dolphin show and killer whale shows.
3. Everglades – While in Miami this is one of the fun things to do in Miami that must not be missed. Also known as the River of Grass the over 1.5 million acres of swamps is residence to 14 world’s rare and becoming extinct species such as the American crocodile, Florida Panther and the West Indian manatee.
4. Miami Museum of Science – A fun and education experience for those of all ages. Enjoy the exhibits and attractions such as the Birds of Prey Research Center, Weintraub Observatory, Immersion Theatre, Newton’s Notions and the planetarium.
5. Villa Vizcaya – This beautiful mansion was built in 1914 using only authentic Italian and Spanish materials. The designer also incorporated pieces of a dissembled European castle. This is something not to be missed!
6. Parrot Jungle Island – Because of the tropical-like atmosphere, Miami is a great place for these beautiful animals. Visitors may get up close and personal of many species of tropical birds in replicas of their natural habitat. Examples of animals that may be spotted are flamingos, macaws, tigers and llamas.
7. Miami Children’s Museum – Children will enjoy education play and exhibits such as Bank, Castle of Dreams, Pet Central and Ocean Odyssey.
8. Coral Castle – This is one of the most unusual and beautiful things to see in Miami. This structure was built by Ed Leedskalnin over a 30 year period in the 1950’s. This beautiful piece is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
9. Monkey Jungle – This area is reversed as humans walk through wire pathways as they watch monkeys frolic and communicate with each other in their natural habitat.
10. South Beach – This is a hopping, hip spot for locals and visitors to enjoy shopping, restaurants and a bustling night life. Some attractions include the World Erotic Art Museum, Nikki Beach Club and the Opium Garden. When looking for things to do in Miami at night, South Beach is the place to go.
11. Little Havana – If tourists are looking for a taste of Cuba, this is the place to go. Many of the restaurants and shops are exact replicas of those found in Cuba.
12. Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Recreation Park – This is a 40 acre park which is great to spend a relaxing day picnicking and swimming.
13. Carnaval Miami – Reminiscent of THE Carnaval, for 10 days in early March there are beauty pageants, sports, concerts, culinary competition with the finale located in Little Havana with a 23-block party. While looking for a wonderful experience as well as fun things to do in Miami, one cannot miss this!
14. Cefalos – If you enjoy wine, this is a wonderful place to go. This wine emporium is run by a former Miami Dolphins player and offers over 2000 types of wine sold by the bottle as well as 40 samples. There are also several wine tasting, classes as well as delicious Italian cuisine sold in the eatery.
15. Fruit and Spice Park – This is the only spice garden of its kind in the United States. There are over 500 varieties of fruit, veggies, spices, herbs and nuts to enjoy.
It’s obvious that whether looking for things to do in Miami Beach, there are plenty of activities and attractions to keep just about anyone busy.