10 Things To Take on Whitewater Rafting on American River
Whitewater rafting on the American River in Yosemite National Park is an experience of a lifetime. Yosemite white water rafting is some of the best in the world, and there are some essential items to bring that will make your trip more fun, safe, and convenient. Below is a list of 10 things to take with you on a whitewater rafting trip on the American River.
1. Quality life jackets – A quality life jacket costs anywhere between $100-$150 dollars and last a long time. This is one supply you don’t want to cheap out on especially if you end up getting tossed from your raft.
2. Durable paddles – You don’t want to find yourself literally up a creek without a paddle. And don’t cheap out on the paddles either. Bring extras in case you lose one too.
3. Rain gear – Whitewater rafting on the American River is usually rain free during the warm months, but just in case you want to make sure you’ve got rain gear that will keep you dry.
4. Rain bags – You’ll want to have waterproof bags to store your stuff. American River rafting trips are best experienced with dry gear.
5. First aid kit – Injuries on rafting trips can occur and are usually in the form of minor bumps and scrapes.
6. Boat patch – Bring a patch for the boat in case you spring a leak.
7. Map route – Bring a map with the specific route of your trip including entry and exit locations. You don’t want to get off course and find yourself in an unwanted section of the river. Many people have gotten lost on trips by not pre-planning and have run out of supplies.
8. Tent – Make sure you’ve got a quality tent with enough space for everyone to get a good night’s sleep.
9. Proper footwear – Bring waterproof shoes as well as good hiking shoes.
10. Protective gear – Not everybody wears helmets, but it should be mandatory for children.