Warmer weather brings out the backpackers and outdoor enthusiasts who seek prime hiking and backpacking destinations. One of those sought after areas is the Rocky Mountain National Park for backpacking. Below is a list of 10 reasons why tourists prefer Rocky Mountain National Park and its backpacking offerings.
1. The Rocky Mountain National Park has a wide variety of trails and excursions. In fact, the Rocky Mountain NP offers more trails than nearly any other park in North America.
2. Visitors flock to the Rocky Mountain National Park for fishing as well as other outdoor adventures. Fishing in the area’s rivers provides great enjoyment and outdoor entertainment.
3. The scenery in the Rocky Mountain National Park is some of the best in America, offering majestic cliffs, lush greenery, and flowing rivers.
4. White water river rafting is one of the reasons tourists prefer the Rocky Mountain National Park over other destinations. The river tours are exciting and range from beginner to advance.
5. Lodging in the park is another drawing card for exciting trips to the Rocky Mountains. The Rocky Mountain National Park cabins are available for rental but reservations should be made well in advance. Other lodging alternatives are also available including lodges, boutique hotels, and bed and breakfast inns.
6. Tourists prefer Rocky Mountain National Park backpacking because of the convenient campsites nestled throughout the area. Backpackers can unload their gear and rest for the night.
7. Winter camping is also a drawing card although cold weather can be grueling, experienced hikers prefer Rocky Mountain National Park backpacking in the winter.
8. Sprague Lake brings out the backpackers for the scenery and amazing campsite locations.
9. Tourists prefer Rocky Mountain National Park backpacking over other areas because of the expansive areas to explore.
10. Less crowds also brings out backpackers to the Rocky Mountain National Park over other backpacking areas.