10 Best Hotels in Amsterdam Netherlands
If you are looking for the best hotels in Amsterdam, you might be in for a real search, because there are a number to choose from and each has something different that appeal to select type of traveler.
Deciding on the best hotels in Amsterdam is generally a personal preference that starts with you as an individual, your taste levels and plans while visiting. If you are a well seasoned, veteran explorer, you might want something with a central location.
On the other hand, if you are a novice or beginner, the best hotels in Amsterdam might be those that offer specialized services and great views so you can check out the city from your room.
Here are the 10 best hotels in Amsterdam Netherlands to consider for your trip, whether it is your first or your 20th visit:
1. The Dylan Amsterdam – Voted the one of the best hotels in Amsterdam for its charm and decadence. This five-star hotel features suites and rooms and each one is cleverly decorated using the finest pieces of art and softest bed linens. It is located on the Keizersgracht, a very famous canal in Amsterdam.
2. Swissotel Amsterdam – Of all the hotels in Amsterdam, this one is probably the most appealing because of the historical location within the city. The views of Dam Square are sublime and the soundproof rooms provide extra privacy.
3. Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam – This hotel is close to many of the popular Amsterdam tourist attractions, including Royal Concert Hall, Van Gogh Museum and P.C. Hooftstraat. The hospitality is exceptional and authentic.
4. Wyndham Apollo Hotel – Since much of Amsterdam tourism depends on culture and art, this hotel is perfectly nestled between the World Trade Center and three of the main museums: Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk Museum and the Van Gogh Museum.
5. Amsterdam American Hotel – One of the older hotels, built during the 1900s. Inside, the design is pure art-deco, with a touch of character and warmth. The location is in de Leidsequare .
6. Victoria Hotel Amsterdam – This fashionable and sleek hotel offers 164 rooms styled in updated designs, called the Urban Wing. The remaining 142 are comfortable and cozy. Amenities include a pool.
7. Hotel Bronkhorst Amsterdam – This is a newer hotel, just opened during 2012 with 37 rooms. It is more trendy than others on this list, but is in one of the more beautiful sections in Amsterdam. Just minutes from the three most visited museums and the Holland Casino.
8. Lloyd Hotel – This is truly a unique hotel that is designed like a private apartment, with rooms placed thoughtfully throughout. The wide, open spaces allow natural light to peek inside and the open-air café is perfect for early breakfasts or late night dining.
9. Hotel Casa 400 Amsterdam – This is a technological dream come true. It is designed like a corporate structure with flat screens, Wi-Fi, refrigerator and more. The younger crowd will appreciate the use of space without sacrificing substance.
10. Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Center – This is one of the cheap hotels in Amsterdam that surprises most. Although the rates are much lower than most others, you still have the opportunity to choose between six different types of rooms, including a junior suite.