10 Best Columbus Ohio Attractions For Families
The Columbus Ohio attractions for families include those that are free of charge and others that are a little more costly. Depending on your budget, you should be able to find plenty of activities to take your kids that you, as an adult will also enjoy.
The 10 best Columbus Ohio attractions for families include:
1. Columbus Ohio Zoo and Aquarium – It is as fun as it is inexpensive. A family of 4 can enjoy an entire day here and pay less than $20 for the admission fee. Once inside, witness 6,000 different animals of over 700 species. They have gorillas, penguins, kangaroos, reptiles and more.
2. Zoombezi Bay – This is one of the things to do in Columbus Ohio when the weather is picture perfect. This is an enormous water park that specializes in family activities, like the lazy river ride. It’s an excellent way to beat the heat during the summer months. It is also very close to some of the best hotels in Columbus Ohio.
3. Center of Science and Industry – Although this is one of Columbus Ohio attractions that is indoors, it is the perfect place to visit if the weather isn’t so great. Your kids will love rat basketball, where rats actually play the game and put the ball in the hoop. They also have an IMAX Theater, live shows and more.
4. Columbus Museum of Art – Of all of the Columbus Ohio museums, this one is loaded with activities for kids, including the Creative Space, which is completely dedicated to interactive fun. They also feature the Wonder Room, which teaches families how to create all kinds of sculptures or whatever else they find interesting.
5. Eaton Town Center – This is one of the Columbus Ohio attractions that you and your family can enjoy together while you eat, play and shop. You will enjoy the variety of restaurants, including all types of cuisine and the bus rides you all around for free.
6. Magic Mountain – Another place to go if the weather is either rainy and gloomy, or just too hot to bear. This indoor activity center has an arcade, bumper boats, miniature golf and go-carts.
7. The Santa Maria – Everyone knows there were 3 ships given to Christopher Columbus during his exploration and this is a replica of the Santa Maria. It is 98-feet long and is a fun way to remember history for the first sailors.
8. Olentangy Indian Caverns – Experience wonderful passages where native Indians took shelter once, long ago. The tours take you past underground rooms, complete with tables and other artifacts. Once the tour ends, you can go rock climbing or mining for gemstones. They even have miniature golf.
9. Topiary Park – A very unique park that is nature and art, all in one. The landscapes and bushes are designs that have been sculpted to represent a variety of characters.
10. Columbus Restaurants – Simply wine and dine at any of many famous Columbus restaurants and have a great time relaxing after a long day of trying other activities on this list.